Grades 3 to 12Inspired by the Museum's collection, local classroom teachers wrote and tested History Lab lesson plans. They are grouped into 12 topics. Lessons from each unit may be used independently or as a set. Each lesson includes a lesson plan, student materials, and reproductions of artifacts and/or photographs from the Museum's collection. These materials may be downloaded, copied, and adapted for use in your classroom.
- America's Documents of Freedom
- Slavery and Freedom in America
- Sew What! Samplers as Part of American History
- African American Life in the Nineteenth Century
- Fighting for Freedom: African Americans in the Civil War
- The Civil War: Up Close and Personal
- Through the Camera's Lens: The Civil War in Photographs
- Chicago's World's Fairs
- The First Ferris Wheel
- Playing in Chicago: Tootsie Toys, Tinker Toys, and Lincoln Logs
- Face-to-Face with the Great Depression
- History through Opposing Eyes: America and Protest
History Lab is made possible through a generous grant from the Polk Bros. Foundation.